spring is officially upon us, and if you’re living in florida, it actually is summer. florida weather doesn’t allow for any transition of the seasons what so ever. it goes from winter to hell degrees with out warning. with such changes comes the need for a whole new makeup routine to adjust to the hot weather.
for spring, i find that i reach for products that provides longevity due to the unforgiving heat. it will have me out there looking like a burnt plantain chip in no time.
while i prefer to keep things light, i reach for products i know will stay in place and will not slip and slide all over my face. i have oily combination skin with my t zone being a problematic area, thus great care and caution is taken when choosing what products to use.
i typically don’t wear make every day but when i do it’s all or nothing. albeit simple compared to the gurus of the world, i love a well put together face.
spring makeup fro me is effortless, dewy and simple with pops of colors n the lips. while most of the products are versatile all year round a few products i typically reserve for spring (hello, Chanel “cambon”).
furthermore, when i think of spring i think of flower crowns and pretty pastels which is my inspiration for the looks i tend to do during the season.
the Face & eyes
– primer / chanel’s le blanc de chanel
– foundation / nars stay all day luminous weightless foundation in “new guinea”
– concealer / nars radiant creamy concealer in “amande”
– highlighter and or illuminator / chanel soleil tan de chanel sheer illuminating fluid in “sun kissed” (typically i mix a tiny amount in with my foundation)
– setting powder / chanel Les beiges healthy glow sheer color #60
blush / tom ford powder blush in “savage” (this is such a versatile blush all year round)
– eye shadow / the dulce vita palette by charlotte tilbury
– mascara / le volume de chanel
– lip pencils / “mahogany” & “chestnut” by mac
– lip gloss / marc jacobs enamored lip glosses in “taboo” & “allow me”
– lipstick / chanel rouge coco lipstick in “cambon” (my first ever chanel anything) & mac’s “whirl”
– facial mists /herbivore’s coconut rose hibiscus facial mist & tatcha’s luminous doeskin mists
i typically would use mac’s fix plus to lock everything in but on most days alternating between these two works just fine. by no means are they setting sprays but i find that they do what i want them do where my makeup is concerned.
do share your spring makeup picks down below. i would love to hear what you guys are reaching for this spring season
have a lovely weekend